Paediatric First Aid (First Aid for Child Carers)
A course for people working with young children, this course meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Who should attend?
- People responsible for the care of young children (teachers, nursery workers, childminders etc)
What they will learn
- First Aid procedures relevant to the care of young children.
- Role of a First Aider
- Accident reporting and the First Aid box
- Action Planning
- Casualty Action Plans
- Primary Survey
- Recovery Position
- Infant, Child and Adult CPR
- Infant, Child and Adult Choking
- Asthma, Diabetes and sickle cell
- Allergic Reactions and Anaphylactic Shock
- Head, neck and back Injuries
- Bleeding and Shock
- Burns & Scalds
- Poisoning, bites and stings
- Foreign bodies
- Effects of heat and cold
- Childhood conditions
- 12 hours (usually over 2 or 4 days)
- Continuous assessment by trainer
- A First Rescue certificate, valid for three years, is issued on successful completion of the course
Have you seen our great value Child Care First Aid Kit?
View all First Aid Courses in York, YO32 9TE North Yorkshire
Need this course in house? We can come to your venue and deliver a 12 hour Paediatric First Aid Class for you! Click here for details.
Don't forget - book and pay online for a 5% discount off this price!