RLSS Lifeguard Course in York (NPLQ 8th Edition)
The prestigious Royal Lifesaving Society NPLQ award is the must have qualification to become a lifeguard and work in swimming pool environments within the UK. Successful students receive certificates and a card to show that they are qualified RLSS lifeguards for the next two years. In 2012 the Royal Lifesaving Societey updated the NPLQ course to ensure it remains the best lifeguard qualification available in the UK.
Who should attend?
A person who wishes to become a professional qualified lifeguard to supervise swimming pool environments. Students must be at least 16 years of age when they take their assessment at the end of the lifeguard course and be able to meet the following criteria:
- jump / dive into deep water
- swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water.
- tread water for 30 seconds
- surface dive to the floor of the pool
- climb out unaided without ladder / steps and where the pool design permits
What will you learn?
National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) 8th Edition
About the qualification
Training and assessment for this qualification is split into 3 sections (or QCF units). Each section is then broken into a further 3 elements.
Section 1 The Lifeguard, Swimming Pool and Supervision (12 hours)
Element 1 The Lifeguard and the Law
Element 2 The Swimming Pool, Hazards and Control Measures
Element 3 Swimming Pool Supervision
Section 2 Intervention, Rescue and Emergency Action Plan (10 hours)
Element 1 Intervention and Rescue
Element 2 Rescue of a Casualty with a Suspected Spinal Injury
Element 3 Emergency Action Plan
Section 3 CPR, AED and First Aid (13 hours)
Element 1 Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Element 2 Automated External Defibrillation (AED) (Optional) (Extra 1.5 hours)
Element 3 First Aid
- Once all of the above 3 sections have been completed we have 1 hour for consolidation and revision prior to the assessment. The assessment is carried out by independent assessors that have not been involved with the teaching of the course and this typically takes around 2.5 hours to complete
All delegates on this course are provided with a resuscitation faceshield in keyring, whistle and RLSS course manual the Lifeguard.
- 6 days
- An RLSS approved certificate valid for two years, is issued on successful completion of assessment.
Course Venue's - our 2014 and 2015 Lifeguard courses are running at Energise in York. Energise was newly built just a couple of years ago. It goes without saying that the venue is high quality, clean and has all the latest facilities.
At First Rescue Training & Supplies Limited we believe that quality training should not be compromised!
Free ample parking available for all delegates at Energise.
Please see dates of our 2014 and 2015 lifeguard courses below -
Need Lifeguard accessories? click here
Watch our Lifeguard introduction video here
***5% OFF WHEN PAYING ON LINE***